Sunday, August 28, 2011

Vacation!!! (Granby, CO)

I'm a go-go-go vacationer.  If we're in Maui I want to make sure I see absolutely everything while I'm there because I don't know if we'll ever be back again.  I have us up with the sun and going until long after sundown.  Randy is not a big fan of this.  While he still has a good time, he would much rather go on vacation to relax, a completely foreign concept to us Red Personalities.  We finally went on a Randy-style vacation and while I still prefer my type of vacation I have to admit that not needing a vacation to recuperate from my vacation was pretty nice. 

We drove for what seemed like FOREVER with two super mini travelers (other than Morgan needing to stop at for the bathroom every 5 minutes).  Teagan either slept, chilled, or was super happy.  It was amazing. Morgan wasn't quite as perfect but pretty dang good considering.



Don't get any ideas, I drove most of the way there and back


We stopped and played at Dinoland (Vernal, UT)






We hung out in the condo, watched Redbox and played games

2 little monkeys jumping on the bed


3 little monkeys jumping on the bed








We played in the pool


We went hiking


Morgan wasn't a huge fan of hiking in general (I'm tired can I ride in the red thing again?)
but he loved climbing up these rocks




 The Big Boys went fishing

 


While the Girls and Little Boys played at the park













We rode the ski lift up and down the mountain



We ate LOTS of food (my favorite hobby)

We looked for animals






We saw a few herds of cow elk

We enjoyed the scenery






All in all, I'm not super impressed with Colorado.  I think Utah is a lot prettier.  Rocky Mountain National Park was probably my least favorite of the National Parks I've been too mostly because 75% of it was dead because of some tree beetle.  It just wasn't that pretty.  Being on the top of the world was pretty cool though.  It was definitely nice to get away from reality and just relax for a while but I don't need to go back again.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good and relaxing time, one that I am sure you guys will look back on with fond memories! Oh and that pict of Teagan in the little towel is the most adorable thing I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like fun! I am not a fan of long car rides, but I am always very grateful for well behaved kids. It was so fun to see you this summer. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete