Sunday, March 6, 2011

Catching Up

I know, it's been forever! While I'm not depressed anymore I still am just not myself.  I don't know if it's this super long winter or the fertility drugs or something else but I just have a hard time being motivating to do much of anything.  Running errands, cleaning the house, blogging...whatever.  Blah!  Maybe spring will get me out of my funk.

Morgan is hysterical.  He's been holding full conversations since before he was 2 years old.  Now that he's 3 I really enjoy listening to him try out words or concepts for the first time.  For example: Teagan said a word for the first time and Morgan said "Teagan, you're so proud" meaning "I'm so proud."  Or when he sneezed really big and said "Whoa, those were two really big bless you's."  It's so fun.  And it's nice that while I don't have any adults to talk to all day, I at least have a toddler who pretends to be an adult so I don't go quite so crazy. 

Teagan is just as hysterical as his brother.  My favorite thing to do in the whole world is watch him dance.  I could sit and watch him all day and it would never get old.  Anytime any music comes on (commercials, ending credits, whatever) he starts dancing and it is the most amusing and adorable thing I have ever seen.  I love the cute little faces he makes too (see below).  And I love the fact that he is such a midget.  I hope he grows a little before he's a teenager but for now I love that he isn't growing up too fast.  He's 18 months old and still wears 3-6 month pants and size 2 shoes.  He looks more like 9 months old than 18 months old.  His doctor's appointment is Tuesday so I'll try to remember to get on and record his stats.  I'm thinking off the bottom of the chart this time. 

Baby Number 3 (and possibly 4) will hopefully be part of our family beginning this Thursday when we are implanting two more embryos.  This frozen cycle has been about a billion times easier than the two fresh ones we did with Morgan and Teagan so it hardly feels real.  I might be pregnant on Thursday.  I will hopefully be pregnant on Thursday.  And then we will have at least one more adorable little one for me to enjoy every day. 

Being a Mom is the most challenging thing I have ever done.  Sometimes I really feel like I'm going to lose it.  Sometimes I really wish I had a little more time to myself.  Sometimes I wish I could just do what I want when I want to do it.  Sometimes I think I'm doing to die if I don't get more sleep.  But being a Mom is also the most rewarding part of my life by far.  These boys bring me more joy than I ever thought was possible.  I am constantly smiling and laughing throughout the day (when I'm not pulling my hair out, of course).  They make all the hard things in life bearable.  No matter what we're going through at any given time, I find myself content and generally happy because I spend my days with these two little angels.  Having 3 kids seems a little overwhelming but I'm so excited to have another little angel in our family to multiply my joy. 

PS Morgan, I'm sorry if it seems like I take more pictures of Teagan but you just don't cooperate as well as your brother does.  You don't want me to take your picture and you pout and make sad faces or cover up your face all together.  Teagan, however, smiles and makes faces for me.  So for the record, I don't love Teagan more and it's totally your fault there are more good pictures of him : )







This is my favorite face that he makes...hillarious



3 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I love Teagan's expressions! Good luck on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all of you in a couple of weeks!!! We'll be praying for you on Thursday. We'd LOVE another niece or nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope everything went well today... you guys make great babies!

    ReplyDelete