Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

THE GOOD

I went on a hot date with Morgan tonight to see Tangled at the dollar movie.  We ate lots of popcorn and candy and had a lot of fun.  He was so excited and when Morgan's excited you can't help but have a fabulous time.  Plus, such a cute movie!  Double Plus, I didn't have to watch March Madness!

THE BAD

I'm not technically even pregnant yet and the negative side effects of pregnancy are already affecting my life.  Let me start by saying I DO NOT love being pregnant.  In fact, I view it as 9 months of torture.  I'm not one of those people who feels great when they're pregnant.  I'm not one of those people who at least feels pretty good during their second trimester.  I feel miserable every single day.  Yes, I understand the miracle of life blah blah blah...I don't need a lecture or a pep talk (which always come from the women who feel great during pregnancy by the way).  Obviously I understand what the end result of pregnancy is.  I pay a LOT of money and go through a LOT of pain to get pregnant.  Most people just have a little fun.  Plus I love my sweet little boys more than anything in the world.  So yes, I get it.  But the end result doesn't make the nausea go away or make it any more tolerable.  I'm just sayin.  So to get back to the point...I had to give up Dr Pepper.  I used to never drink caffeine unless I had a SUPER BAD headache or it was vital that I stay awake (like driving during the night on a trip to Texas or something.)  But now that I only get 5-6 hours of sleep per night when my body requires about 9 and only sometimes get a nap during the day and I have to get up at 4:30AM and then drive to North Salt Lake every morning: pretty much every morning became VITAL to stay awake.  Should I be drinking caffeine every day?  Probably not.  But is it better than falling asleep in the car on the way to work and killing myself and possibly someone else?  Absolutely.  But now that I could be pregnant, bye bye Dr Pepper.  It's been quite difficult trying to get more sleep and I have to munch on something all the way to work to try to keep by body awake.  It's not fun.  Second side effect: I woke up this morning with the first symptoms of a cold coming on.  My first symptom is always my throat and I woke up wanting to drink an Emergen-C.  So I jumped on Google to see what it said and "Nope, sorry, not only can you not take anything to help kick the sickness in the butt before you're miserable, you can't even take anything when the sickness kicks you in the butt and you want to die, but have a nice day."  Awesome.  I hope more than anything that I am pregnant right now but man the next nine months are going to be long ones.

THE UGLY

Walmart put out a new coupon policy that let me use my Walgreens register rewards.  It was so freakin awesome.  I coupon because I have to.  We don't have a large budget so anywhere I can save money is good.  But Walgreens makes it so difficult to shop there that you want to pluck your eyes out even when you're getting stuff for free.  I had sworn them off for good but Walmart's new policy came out.  I went to Walgreens, got all the free stuff, and then spent all my rewards at Walmart on stuff I was going to buy there anyway and it was the best!  Now Walmart put a new coupon policy again that takes it back away.  I was perfectly happy with Walmart before because I wouldn't expect them to take Walgreen's register rewards.  But now that they've giving me something fabulous and then taken it away they are on my serious bad list.  It's like giving candy to a little kid, letting them take one lick to see how good it is and then taking it away.  Don't they know you can't do that?  Grrrr!  Curse Walmart!!!

And since I can't leave this post focusing on the negative aspects of my day, here are some pictures of my adorable boys:

Teagan enjoys a little icecream and brownie before bed



Morgan and Miles (our next door neighbor) are only a few months apart and both love the same things (like Buzz Lightyear). It's going to be so much fun watching them grow up together. I hope they stay close.

Poor Morgan wasn't feeling very good and fell asleep sitting up in the rocking chair




2 comments:

  1. 1. I'm with you...I love having babies but am not a fan of being pregnant. (P.S. Mayo Clinic says you can have up to 200 mg of caffiene per day when you're prego...but I'd still go with what your doctor says.)

    2. I'm glad Keaton isn't the only boy in the family with a large head.

    3. Teagan has the BEST faces!

    ReplyDelete