Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer = Yardwork

Yardwork

One of the huge advantages and huge disadvantages of owning a home is yardwork.  I love my big yard. I love that my kids have somewhere to play right out the door and I don't have to go sit at the park everyday. Our big yard will be especially great later this month when we host a reunion at our house.  We have can have family parties and the boys have an entire football/soccer field (when the get a little older and more coordinated that is).  But man is it a lot of work.  Weeding, mowing, fertilizing, landscaping, planting, digging up and replanting, etc.  Randy's back has been injured for what seems like forever. Around Mother's Day (planting time in Utah) my Dad who is seriously the best dad ever showed up with a tiller and helped Randy get the garden in. And while we're on the subject, my dad helped with the sprinklers and the trampoline hole and is about to build us a freakin awesome swing set.  I'm one lucky girl...even if I have to do yard work.






Notice the little boys chillin in their lawn chairs while the big boys do all the work






No comments:

Post a Comment