Sunday, May 29, 2011

Let's Make Lemonade!!!

Top 25 Reasons our bad news last week isn't the end of the world and definitely has its perks (in no particular order):
  1. I don't have to be pregnant again!
  2. No more nursing!
  3. No more emotional roller coaster
  4. More money for extracurricular activities (sports, music, etc)
  5. More time to taxi around to said activities
  6. No more storing stuff for future kids, once Teagan outgrows it we can get rid of it
  7. Don't have to buy a whole bunch of pink stuff
  8. We can have any car we want. Don't need to spend a ton of money initially or extra on gas for a mini van or suburban
  9. A family of four fits perfectly in a hotel room
  10. I can take medicine when I'm sick or have allergies or whatever
  11. I can drink Dr Pepper when I'm super tired from my crazy schedule
  12. I can get my body back into the shape I want it and keep it there without fertility drugs or pregnancy interfering
  13. I get to ride the zip line at our family party tomorrow
  14. Nor more putting life on hold because I'm pregnant or nursing or our baby is too small
  15. We can start doing big kid stuff pretty soon ie going to the movie as a family
  16. We're almost done with diapers!
  17. We can take all the time in the world to finish the basement, no pressure
  18. No more kids to mess up the fabulous relationship between our boys.  These boys really are the best of friends and love each other more than words can say.  Morgan asked me yesterday if he could marry Teagan when they get bigger.  Too cute!
  19. We don't have to think of any more boy names
  20. I can start going on our annual family backpacking trip again (because I'm not pregnant, nursing, or taking care of an infant)
  21. The kids don't outnumber the adults.
  22. The kids will get a lot more of my attention since it won't be split between more children, especially when those other children are babies and require so much attention.
  23. More money for me : )
  24. I can hold all my kids on my lap at the same time
  25. We can finally move on and stop dealing with this particular trial

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that the embryo's didn't attach and develop. I am so excited that you guys got two lovely boys, that are amazing smart and fun!!! I love you guys and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. You are wonderful to make a list and look on the bright side. I have to admit that I am very glad to only have two and be done with a lot of those things on that list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! We were very sad to hear there won't be more babies--y'all sure make cute ones. 2 will likely be our maximum number, and I remember having to get okay with that. There definitely are some perks, like you said. Hugs to Morgan and Teagan! We can't wait to see you guys next month!

    ReplyDelete