Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mindy who?

It's funny when people ask me what I like to do in my spare time because for the longest time all I've done is be a Mom. Not that being a mom isn't fabulous nor would I trade it for anything in the world but who I am as a person has kind of gotten lost somewhere in the middle of being Mommy.  Teagan is old enough now that he and Morgan are playing together and entertaining each other and I'm starting to find time for myself.  It's fantastic.  I used to love scrapbooking but found, after having Morgan, that scrapbooking and small children don't really go well together. For one, there's way too much stuff for them to get into and destroy.  For another, I just don't have large enough chunks of time to devote to it.  It takes so long to get stuff out and decide what papers/elements/tools/etc I'll need for my page that it was impossible to get anything done before I was needed again.  So, with my new-found time, I've recently switched over to digital scrapbooking and I'm loving it.  I still get to put my pictures together in a fun artistic way but without all the mess.  And it's much easier to leave and come back to.  I haven't printed any of the pages yet so the jury's still out on whether I'll like the finished product as much but I'm having fun for now.  Randy says the pictures are missing my personal flair (whatever that means) but if the choice is no scrapbooking or somewhat inferior scrapbooking (which I'm not sure it is anyway) I'll take it.  I'll post some of them here when I'm ready to print some pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment