Thursday, October 28, 2010

Motherhood

Let me just preface this by saying I love being a Mom more than anything in the world. I can't even imagine life without my sweet boys and wouldn't trade places with anyone.  But sometimes being a Mom is so hard.  Teagan has reached the Destroyer stage where he makes as big of a mess as he can in the shortest time possible.  No matter how much time I spend cleaning up it seems like our house is always a disaster.  And for some reason Teagan is being extra needy right now and whines and cries all the time, mostly when I'm trying to get something done but sometimes even when I'm holding him and he has my full attention.  Now add to that Morgan's perfectly normal for his age need for autonomy and love of the word NO and some days it's all I can do just to get through the day without having a mental breakdown.  I can't give 100% of my attention to my kids and keep the house clean and run all the errands, not to mention have 5 minutes of time for myself or the hundred other things that pop up.  Some days are just hard...but TOTALLY worth it.  Just look at these cuties...


Morgan in his costume on the way to preschool


And here's a beautiful sunset taken from our front porch this evening.  Don't we have a great view?


1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! Teagan looks just like you, Mindy. And Morgan is looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete