Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Big Test of Mortality: Over and Over and Over Again

Why is that mortality requires us to do things over and over and over gain?  Housework is seriously the worst job in the world.  No matter how long I spend cleaning and how great it looks when I'm done, my gratification is extremely short-lived.  I turn around and it's a disaster again.  Laundry is the worst.  I can spend all day doing laundry and the next day the hamper is half full again.  I would really love to clean the house and have it stay clean for once.  How can you find satisfaction in a job well done when it is undone so quickly?  Exercise: I can exercise for an hour a day six days a week, build and tone muscles, prolong my endurance, etc.  But the minute I stop my body starts going back downhill.  I can never actually reach a goal and be done.  I always have to keep working on it.  Even maintaining something takes a lot of work.  The minute you stop working on your spirituality it starts to decline.  The same goes for your marriage or other relationships, your yard, your talents, your hobbies, your skills, etc. 

Obviously this is very important to our test here in mortality because it seriously runs through every aspect of my life.  What is it that I'm supposed to learn from having to do things over and over and over again?  At the moment, I really don't know and I obviously haven't learned it yet.  This housework thing is going to be the death of me. 

1 comment:

  1. I think we are supposed to learn to enjoy the journey and not just the destination, though if you ever find out how to do that, let me know cause I sure haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete