Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pregnant with Twins!

If I were a superstitious person yesterday would have caused me some severe anxiety.  We implanted our last two embryos yesterday - Friday the 13th.  Luckily, I'm not superstitious so it wasn't a big deal.  But I think if this cycle results in a baby I'll consider Friday the 13th to be my new LUCKY day. 

So in reference to my title, ttechnically I'm pregnant with twins right now.  I may not be in two weeks when it's time for my pregnancy test but I am today.  In fact, I've been pregnant with twins 4 times!  But no twins to show for it. Kind of sad when you think of it that way.

Last night as I'm laying in bed on bed rest, my throat starts hurting, my body starts aching, my head starts pounding...yep, I'm freaking coming down with the flu.  If this had happened just one day earlier I could've taken some nyquil and slept in oblivion.  But no, it happens they day we implant embryos so I had to toss and turn in misery all night long.  Wanna know the last time I was sick?  Between implantation and pregnancy test a few months ago.  What's up with that?  Plus, I have no idea if this is how things work or not, but now I worry that my body will be so busy fighting off this stupid bug that it won't have enough energy left to make my babies.  So here I sit, miserable with sickness and afraid to expend any energy at all.  It's frustrating.

But I know I'm in good hands.  The Lord is there watching out for me.  He knows what's best for me and wants me to be happy so whatever happens is for the best.  We'll get through it one way or another.  But I'm relieved to know that it's done.  We'll never be able to save up $12,000 to do IVF again so I'm done with fertility drugs.  I'm done with needles.  I'm done with the emotional roller coaster.  Either I'm pregnant - YAY!!! Or I'm not and I can start getting used to the idea of only have two kids.  Whatever happens, it's a relief and I'm excited to move on to the next step in our lives. 

This is what I take every day.  I feel like I should be living in a geriatric ward.

Our last two embryos that were implanted yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick and couldn't come to the birthday party... I had a blast with your little guys! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and more Long babies!

    ReplyDelete