Tuesday, December 7, 2010

40 Day Walk with Christ - Day 28

Read 3 Nephi 17-21
Mark & Ponder 3 Nephi 27:8
Scripture of the day: "Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word; yea, they were encircled about by the bands of death, and the chains of hell and an everlasting destruction did await them." (Alma 5:7)
Thought for the day: "Why do the children of men set their hearts upon earthly things?  The moment that men seek to build up themselves, in preference to the kingdom of God, and seek to hoard up riches, while the widow and fatherless, the sick and afflicted, around them , are in poverty and want, it proves that their hearts are weaned from their God; and their riches will perish in their fingers, and they with them." (Pres Brigham Young)

I cannot even imagine how incredibly wonderful it would be to meet the Savior.  I bawl and bawl during the end of The Testaments because the movie helps me to envision what it will be like.  I cannot even find the words to describe how I feel watching the movie, much less how it will be to actually be there.  As I read the part about the children I imagined Morgan and Teagan sitting on the Savior's lap and I cannot think of anything more beautiful.  I pray that I remain righteous and worthy so that when He does come again I will only feel incomprehensible joy rather than guilt and pain and sorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment