Wednesday, December 15, 2010

40 Day Walk with Christ - Days 34-40

Ok, so here's the deal.  When I started this whole journey I didn't start at 1 Nephi 1 because I had just started the BOM over again a few weeks before and didn't feel the need to re-read 1 Nephi all over again when I had just finished it.  So I started towards the beginning of 2 Nephi a couple chapters before where I was in my current reading (to match the reading schedule).  I finished the BOM a few days ago (day 34) but haven't had time for my blogging and since I finished life has gotten extra crazy for whatever reason.  Teagan hasn't been taking his naps, which is when I usually read, so even when I've been reading I've been distracted by children so I've gotten behind and I'm just not feeling up to catching up.  So I'm just going to call it good.  I still read the whole Book of Mormon, I just started a couple weeks early.  I'm good with it. 

We had our Relief Society activity that went a long with the Walk with Christ last night and in the days leading up to the activity I've been thinking about this whole thing and whether it really led me closer to Christ or not.  Do I feel closer to Christ than I did 40 days ago?  I didn't have any dramatic spiritual experiences.  I didn't have that "one moment" where you know this has changed your life.  But as I've thought about it, I have felt the spirit more abundantly in my life.  Not in the big I have the chills way, just in the small I feel good about life in general ways.  I think I've been enjoying the ins and outs of everyday life with my kids more.  I've felt more supported in the trials that are motherhood.  I've had my testimony re-affirmed about many principles.  So am I closer to Christ than I was?  I'm going to yes.  It's the little things that make the difference.

My favorite part about our activity last night was hearing about other mothers that are going through all the same things and feeling all the same things I am.  Satan tries to tell us how inadequate we are and how alone we are in our trials.  Other mothers love playing with toys ALL DAY LONG, what's wrong with you?  Other mothers can keep their house clean, what's wrong with you?  Other mothers don't want to pull their hair out or break out into tears over such little things.  What's wrong with you?  It gave me such peace to know there are so many women around me with the same struggles I have.  It was a good reminder that we're not supposed to be perfect because if we were we wouldn't need a Savior.  I am thankful for the scriptures.  And although I won't be reading 10 chapters a day, I know that if I continue to read from them every day my life will be better.  I will be blessed with the spirit.  I will be supported in my trials.  I will have the strength to get back up and keep going when I crash and burn.  The gospel is so great!  I'm so thankful for the knowledge and testimony I have that help me so much in my everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment