Sunday, December 12, 2010

40 Day Walk with Christ - Day 33

Read Ether 11-15
Mark & Ponder Moroni 8:12
Scripture of the day: "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young nevertheless being large in stature, and also having a desire to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers." (1 Nephi 2:16)
Thought for the day: "We must cherish on another, watch over one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in heaven together." (Lucy Mack Smith)

"I give unto men weakness that they may be humble...for if they will humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  I have MANY weaknesses and they definitely make me humble because I'm always screwing up and having to ask forgiveness and than asking for help to not screw up again.  It's interesting how something can be so incredibly hard for one person but super easy for another person.  It makes sense that the Lord gives us our weaknesses because they aren't natural weaknesses for everybody.  The more we are down on our knees asking for help with that weakness, the more humble we will be which will in turn help us to become more like our Savior.  I'm sitting here trying to think of one of my weaknesses that has become a strength to me and I'm drawing a blank.  So I think I might pick one and start really focusing on it and exercising faith and see if I can't, through the Lord, turn it into a strength.  One of the great things about the gospel of Jesus Christ is that we can "experiment upon the word."  Don't have a testimony of tithing?  Try it out and see what happens.  Since I can't think of anything in my life that fits this particular promise of the Lord, I think I'll try an experiment and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment