Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Best Gifts Part 2

I've been thinking a little more about this and I've decided the reason I'm so annoyed/frustrated is because of my own gift-giving, not other peoples.  I want to give everyone the perfect gift and yet find myself just getting someone a present just to get them a present and it really irks me....so of course, I blame society.  We never have as much money as I'd like to have so our budget is always a constraint.  I don't want to waste our hard-earned money on something that's going to end up in the trash or a closet somewhere.  But I can't find something they would love for the amount I have to spend.  I can't think of any service that I could actually do and they would actually appreciate.  I don't want to give them cash per my reasons in my previous post.  I'm really struggling with this.  I don't want to buy someone something just to buy them something but I'm not having much success doing otherwise.  So...I just wanted to clarify...I'm not all "man that present sucks I can't believe they gave me that."  It's more "I suck because I couldn't or didn't want to invest the time to get you a gift that actually shows that I care about you."  I blame society.

No comments:

Post a Comment