Friday, December 24, 2010

My Little Coach

Morgan is becoming quite the little coach.  He's always saying "you're doing a great job, mom."  "That looks beautiful, mom." "You can do it, mom."  It's so cute.  Sometimes it's in situations that are totally appropriate for coaching like the other day when I pulled the boys to the neighbor's in the wagon through a foot of snow and about died.  He coached me the whole way.  "Pull harder mom."  "You're doing a great job, mom." "You're almost there, mom."  But other times the situation doesn't exactly merit coaching.  My favorite is when he is so impressed over my ability to drive us to Walmart or something.  "Wow mom, you did it. Good job."  It's hilarious.  He's just so sincere and it's adorable.  And I have to say, when I was making this Bob the Builder cake for his birthday the other day, his coaching really helped.  I was thinking "oh man, this is so creepy looking."  But Morgan was saying "good job, mom, it looks great."  So, as long as he was impressed with his cake, I was good with it.
Morgan's birthday went pretty well minus us getting everyone else sick because we were felling better before the party and I didn't want to cancel it and have it overshadowed by Christmas the next weekend.  Whoops.  In some ways I can't believe Morgan is 3 already and in others I can't believe he's only 3.  For instance, I can't imagine life without him so it's crazy that he's only been part of my life for 3 years.  Also, he talks so well, learns so quickly and easily (if he wants to, of course) and comes up with ideas way beyond his years that you'd think he was much older than 3.  On the flip side, my sweet little baby is growing up way too fast.  He's already 3!  Every time I call him my baby he gets mad and says he's not a baby he's a big boy.  I try to explain to him that he is a big boy but he will always be my baby.  But he's not convinced.  Fortunately, at 3 years old, he still has his sweetness and is so lovable I can't resist kissing him a billion times a day.  But man, I dread the day he's not so sweet anymore.  Maybe I'll be lucky and he always be.  I just can't imagine him being a rebellious teenager that treats me like dirt.  It's just not possible.  Hopefully we have many many more birthdays before I have to start worrying about such things.  We sure love our Morgan! Happy birthday buddy!







1 comment: