Monday, November 22, 2010

40 Day Walk with Christ - Day 13

Read Alma 15-19
Mark & Ponder Alma 11:40
Scripture of the day: "My God hath been my support, He hat filled me with His love; even unto the consuming of my flesh. He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before m e. Behold, He hath given me knowledge by visions in the nighttime." (2 Nephi 4:20-23)
Thought for the day: "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in.  The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold me by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." (Pres Ezra Taft Benson)

Ok so Teagan is hanging onto my legs and crying and is so ready for me to be done so I'll make this quick.  I love the story of Zeezerom because it shows that it is never too late to repent and we can always be forgiven.  And who doesn't love the story of Ammon.  The Nephites had been trying to convert the Lamanites for hundreds of years with no success.  Any sane person wouldn't waste their time trying, but look what comes of his missionary work.  What a great example.  We need to always always always keep trying.  I also love the thought for today.  The problems in our country today would be about a billion times better if our leaders just grasped this one concept.  Now to the baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment