Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Living in Lehi

I LOVE where we live. 

Location
  • Close to the freeway
  • Convenient to Utah County and Salt Lake County
  • Right in the middle of both of our parents (we see my parents about 10 times more often now, it's great)
  • Surrounded by cows and horses, they really do make good neighbors
  • Fantastic view of Mount Timpanogas  (the pink pictures below taken from my back porch)
  • Fantastic view of the sunset over the mountains in the west (the orange picture below taken from my front porch - about one minute after I took the pink ones in the east, weird huh?)
Neighborhood
I love our neighborhood.  Everyone on our block is super friendly and we all get along really well.  I was better friends with my neighbors here in the first month than I ever was in 5 years in our last house.  The ladies on the block and I do a little preschool for our kids then we usually hang out and visit afterwards.  Last week we took the kids to Arctic Circle for lunch while we visited. I would feel comfortable calling any of them to watch the kids if I ever needed to or asking for any favor for that matter!  When the weather is nice you pretty much always find someone outside.  Everyone has kids and they all like to play together.  What more can you ask for?

House
And last but not least, our house.  I LOVE our house.  Obviously it's not literally perfect and if I had an unlimited supply of money there are a few things I would change, but it's so fabulous that I feel like it's perfect.  I love the spaciousness. I love the storage space downstairs.  I love the main floor living.  I love how big our yard is.  I love the landscaping we did ourselves this summer.  I love my master bathroom/closet.  I love that we have a front room for when people come over and the house is a mess.  I simply LOVE our house. 

While life certainly isn't perfect bliss, I have to say that between our sweet boys, our fabulous new home, our good jobs, our great families, and having the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives... we've got to be some of the luckiest people on the planet.  I'm not just saying this because it's Thanksgiving this month; I feel like this all the time.  We have been so blessed and I am so incredibly thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad the move worked out so well for you. Once Quinn is off "house arrest," I want to come down and see your house.

    ReplyDelete