Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cuddle Monkeys

I love that my boys are such cuddle monkeys.  When Teagan wakes up in then night crying like he's just had a nightmare, I wrap him in my arms and he immediately calms down and goes right back to sleep. I love how he cuddles in to me and I love that my presence brings him so much comfort. Sometimes I just lay there awake for awhile and enjoy this special time with him. 

Morgan is the same way.  He cuddled in much better when he was a baby but he still loves to "snuggle."  Probably about once a day he'll say "Mom, I want to snuggle with you."  Sometimes we sit in a chair with the boys on my lap and read a book, sometimes we cuddle up in the bed to watch a movie, sometimes we just rock in the rocking chair and hold each other close. 

Granted, a 2AM wakeup is not always on the top of my favorite things list. And I'm not a big fan of the emotional breakdowns.  But I know they won't be this cuddly forever and try to take advantage and enjoy it while I can.  Give me something to look back on when they're teenagers and being punks. : )

Here are some pictures of us enjoying our season passes at Trafalga:


Teagan waits patiently while big brother rides the big boy rides


Practicing my moves



Teagan even gets to ride

Teagan is definitely a rule breaker, always looking for trouble



2 comments:

  1. I love cuddling too! I hope Quinn stays cuddly forever! She is asleep on Dalan's chest right now! I love it.

    The boys are so cute! I love the picture of Teagan rebelling and climbing on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for cuddly boys! Mary Lou said that Rob & Randy were never cuddly (punks!). I'm glad she has some cuddly grandbabies to snuggle with!

    ReplyDelete