Saturday, November 27, 2010

My clumsiness has reprocussions

So anyone that knows me well knows I'm not the most coordinated person in the world. I've fallen down the stairs more times than I can count.  One of those falls sent me to the urgent care and put me in a sling for 3 days.  My brother Derek was just telling someone a couple days ago about the time we went running together and I tripped on air and ended up bloody on the road with my ankle the size of a baseball.  Plus there's the time I broke my ankle because I apparently can't even climb a fence.  Needless to say I've had many injuries because of my clumsiness.  But tonight my clumsiness had the worst outcome yet.  We were at Derek's indoor soccer game and I was helping Morgan up the bleachers after taking him to the bathroom when I tripped.  Unfortunately I'm perfectly fine but Morgan was in front of me and in my arms so he fell further down than me and hit his chin on the edge of the stairs which cut it all the way to the bone.  My poor little boy is bleeding everywhere and screaming his head off and it's totally my fault.  He has nine stitches in his chin now and is a total trooper.  The worst part was when they were stitching him up and he was screaming like they were cutting his heart out.  My clumsiness has never cost me so dearly.  But it was super cute when he told me he wants to walk by himself from now on.  What a sweetheart!  Incidentally, as the BYU vs UTAH game was today and Morgan is wearing his Utah shirt, you can see in the pictures that he does indeed bleed red.

Morgan in his chin sling that is holding the numbing medicine on

Can't see the cut very well since it's through the plastic but it's all the way to the bone


Also bit a good size hole in his tongue

The numbing stuff made him cold so he wrapped up in my coat

Teagan spent most of the waiting time spinning on the chair

3 comments:

  1. Poor little guy and poor mama! I love how he is still giving big picture smiles despite being hurt! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Morgan! One day he'll be proud of those pictures. :o)

    President Obama got stitches this week too, so maybe that will make Morgan feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would that make him feel better? Knowing that I'm like Obama in any way at all would only make me feel worse.

    ReplyDelete