Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I just wanted to stop for a moment here at 6:30am on Black Friday and say how much I love it.  I hear so many people talk about their unwillingness to either get up early or to fight the mobs and I just don't see it.  The fun started yesterday when a bunch of stores put their Black Friday sale items on sale online.  I got everything I wanted at Kohls (plus 20%, free shipping and Kohls cash) without having to even go to the store.  I also got stuff on Amazon throughout the day as they matched other store's Black Friday sales (with free shipping and no tax).  Next was Walmart whose sale started at midnight.  At 12:15 I was walking back out to my car.  Granted it did get a little crazy for a few minutes and I was smushed quite a bit, but seriously, in 15 minutes I walked around the store, grabbed the stuff I came for and checked out.  That's pretty good.  So I came back home and slept for a few hours then got back up to go to Smiths Marketplace because Randy and I are both desperate for socks and they always have them 50% off (actually, Smiths Marketplace on Black Friday is the ONLY time and place I ever buy socks).  It was freezing outside and the store isn't open 24 hours like Walmart so I sat in my car until the doors actually opened (letting a lot of people in front of me in line- oh no) then walked inside and very leisurely got everything I wanted without any craziness at all and checked out in about 30 seconds.  Now I'm back home and writing this will I wind down so I can go back to sleep.  Usually I hit a bunch more stores but we're trying not to spend very much money this year because we're saving money to do IVF and add another cutie to our family.  But overall a very pleasant experience and definitely worth the money we saved.  And as far as the getting up early argument...please, I get up at 4:30 am everyday, what's the big deal?  Thank you Black Friday, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. I am neutral on Black Friday...I think it is fun, and I have found some good deals, but I still can't decide if it is worth getting up/staying up late. Maybe when Quinn is older, I will like it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray about IVF!!! Can't wait to have another Long baby in the family!!!

    ReplyDelete