Monday, November 15, 2010

40 Day Walk with Christ - Day 6

Read Mosiah 4-9
Mark & Ponder Jacob 2:18-19
Scripture of the day: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" (Romans 8:35)
Thought for the day: "A true Mormon home is one in which if Christ should chance to enter, he would be pleased to linger and rest." (Pres David O Mckay)

I'm having a hard time focusing my thoughts today (the boys were really crazy while I was reading and are still crazy at the moment, I can't imagine why I can't concentrate) so this is going to be a short one. 

The part that sticks out them most in my mind is in Mosiah 4 where King Benjamin is talking about taking care of the poor.  He says "are we not all beggars?" meaning who are we to withhold anything when we are constantly begging God for forgiveness, for help with this, help with that, comfort, etc.  I know I'm begging all the time.  I don't understand how people can turn down callings for the same reason.  How can I spend all day asking Heavenly Father for help with something if I'm not willing to do something he asks?  How can I not help someone in need and then asking for Heavenly Father to help me with something I need?  Sometimes it's hard to know if we're giving enough or not being that we're on a tight budget and already go without a lot of things most people thing are necessities (internet, tv, cell phones, ipods, etc).  So I try really hard to follow the promptings of the spirit in this area.  If we're struggling to make ends meet but they're collecting food at Walmart and I feel like I should buy something to put in the box, I do.  If I don't feel that prompting but feel instead that I really wish we had more money so that I could put something in there, I don't worry about it and know that I would give if I could.  

No comments:

Post a Comment