Wednesday, November 24, 2010

40 Day Walk with Christ - Day 15

Read Alma 25-29
Mark & Ponder Alma 30:60
Scripture of the day: "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place? He that hath clean hands and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them that seek Him that seek Thy face, O Jacob. Selah." (Psalms 24:3-6)
Thought for the day: "Peace is more than a spot of ink on a piece of paper or a sound upon lips. It is the application of the teachings of the Prince of Peace in our daily lives."

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving and all..."We will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of His great power, and His mercy, and of His long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." (Alma 26:16)  I, too, feel so blessed that I cannot even begin to describe what I feel.  I'm especially thankful for my brother and Savior Jesus Christ who gave His life for me; who is always there for me when I need Him; who made it possible for me to live with Him and Heavenly Father again.  I am thankful for His love, His understanding, His comforting arms, His compassion, and His mercy.  I am thankful for parents who raised me in the gospel and taught me how to live my life by following the teachings of Jesus Christ.  I am thankful they taught me the plan of happiness so that I can be happy in this fallen world even when it appears as though everything is going to Hell in a hand basket.  I am thankful that I am friends with my parents and that they are such a support to me.  I am thankful for the gifts and talents the Lord has blessed me with.  I am thankful I was married in the temple for time and all eternity.  I am thankful for my two precious boys who I love more than anything in this world and who are such a joy to me each and every day.  I am thankful for our beautiful new house and new location in which we live.  I'm thankful for our great jobs that allow us to support our family.  I'm thankful that the Lord has always provided a way for us (like that fact that my work let's me come in at 5:30 am so I can be home in time for Randy to go to work and the kids can always have a parent with them).  I'm thankful for this beautiful state we live in.  I'm thankful I was born in America.  I'm thankful for the freedom we have (for now).  I'm thankful for medical science and technology.  I'm thankful for chocolate.  I'm thankful for the small and simple precious moments that make life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment