Tuesday, November 16, 2010

40 Day Walk with Christ - Day 7

Read Mosiah 10-15
Mark & Ponder Mosiah 3:19
Scripture of the day: "And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. Organize yourself; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God." (D&C 88: 118-119)
Thought for the day: "We cannot be made perfect without our progenitors, neither can they be perfected without us, and they are as much dependent upon us as we are dependent upon them.  We can build temples, they cannot, it is not their province to administer in them at present, but it is ours, and we are called upon to do so. They are interested in our welfare, they are our fathers, we are their children; they are laboring there, we here, for our mutual salvation and exaltation in the kingdom of God." (Pres John Taylor)

The more often I sit down and actually contemplate what the Savior did for me personally the more impact it makes on my life and the better I am at using the Atonement in my life.  I know I'm supposed to focus on this during the Sacrament each week but with two kids it's REALLY hard to do so.  I try to think about the Savior but I'm usually trying to so hard to keep the boys quiet that I don't get to really focus and contemplate during this time.  The teachings of Abinidai and Isiah (who Abinidai quotes) are great for focusing on the Atonement, even with kids climbing all over me while I was reading it.

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...He was despised and I esteemed Him not. Surely He has borne my griefs and carried my sorrows...He was wounded for my transgressions, He was bruised for my iniquities...with His stripes I am healed. I, like sheep, have gone astray; I have turned to my own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him my iniquities.  He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb so He opened not His mouth...for my transgressions He was stricken."

"God Himself shall come down among the children of men, and shall redeem me...God suffereth temptation, and yieldeth not to temptation, but suffereth Himself to be mocked, and scourged, and cast out and disowned by His people...He shall be led, crucified, and slain...being filled with compassion towards me, standing betwixt me and justice, having broken the bands of death, taken upon himself my iniquity and my transgressions, having redeemed me and satisfied the demands of justice."

(excerpts from Mosiah 14: 2-8 and Mosiah 15: 1-9 with slight alterations to personalize it for myself)


"

No comments:

Post a Comment